Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 18, 2008

Dear Rob, just a quick note before I go up and get the kids (I actually got a quiet time this morning before they got up!). My reading today was in Proverbs 15 and 16 - good stuff! A few of the verses stood out to me as they spoke to some of the thoughts that I have about your deployment.

Proverbs 16:1 "The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord." This reminds me that God is in control. We can make our plans all day long but it is really all about Him. I find that reassuring.

Proverbs 16:3 "Commit your works to the Lord and your plans will be established." We still don't know what your job will be over there but I hope that you will commit it to the Lord as I know He will bless it if you do.

Proverbs 16: 7 "When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him." I don't necessarily believe that those you will be around will be "enemies" in that they'll be ones we (the US) are fighting against, but enemies can be found in many forms. I pray that you will experience none of that strife but because your ways will be pleasing to God that you will have peace instead.

Love, Julie

No comments: